Re: CF: hello

>  The main thing I could see with random maps is increase the number of maps
> with under represented monsters.  This is only really important for priest
> experience where you need to slay opposing races.
>
>  While I think more quest maps would be useful, I can also see adding more ma
> that will just add color.  For example, an underground dwarf city, maybe so
> casts of lords ala ultima, better temples/holy places for the gods, etc.  Whi
> maybe these won't increase the adventuring much, it would add some
> realism/flavor to the world which I sort of think it is missing right now.

This is the key point.  Decent random maps would change the Crossfire world
from finite to infinite.  I can imagine even having decent random quests.
I mean, how hard is a quest?  You have someplace in the map where you
pose the quest, "get this item from y and put it on altar x", or "y has
a certain potent magical item".

PeterM

Follow-Ups: References: