Re: CF: images & caching.

Seems to me that if we assume client has all images cached then actual
image format is irrelevant.  Presumably, server sends image name and
which layer which client is then supposed to display correctly.  I
see no requirement that server need to have any idea of the actual font
type.

In fact, a more portable version of server/client would have client
talking to CF game server and a CF font server.  The two servers
need not be on the same machine.  Then the client for each platform
could talk to whatever CF font server that it likes.  So maybe a client
install might include a CF font server to able run locally (ie solving the
image bandwidth issue).  It would mean that starting up a client would
mean specifying the CF game server and also a CF font server, but that
doesn't seem too bad.

							sdw