Re: CF: Diseases in crossfire

> Peter writes:
>
> > 	3- Gaia. Godess of Nature. Having power over nature must allow
>
> Why must nature be benign?  Plagues are a necessity to reduce overpopulation.
> It is a very natural mechanism.  I see her plagues as being quick, deadly,
> but merciful.  No lingering deaths.

	Yes. Gaia is nuetral goddess. Thats why I reasoned that she wouldnt go
	out of her way in inflict harm ("let nature take its coarse").
	You might even make out her cult to be something like Christan
	Scientists. No medicine/no magic can be used to cure. This is
	why I'd say she wasnt too good at curing/inflicting.

> > 	4- Lythander. Elven god of luck, tricks and theivery, Goblin foe. Hmm.
> > 	   no power to inflict or cure I would think. Giving your opponent
> >            a diseases isnt very crafty, just plain being nasty.
>
> How about causing diseases to goblins, and curing disease specific to elves?

	Yes, this seems "reasonable". I forgot Gnarg in my list, but comment
	would be the same as for the other "non-human" gods.

> > 	6- Jehova. "Judge of souls, forgiver and healer" Sounds like this
> > 	   religon has power to cure any particular disease. NEVER would
> > 	   inflict disease.
>
> I know the biblical "jehova" bears no necessary resemblance to crossfire's,
> but the biblical God was very happy to inflict plagues and other afflictions
> on the unrighteous, and even on the righteous (Job).

	Jow bout the argument from the standpoint of playbalance. Jehova is
	already one of (if not THE) most powerful god. We could use the
	diseases as a way to give abilities to the other, weaker cults.

						-b.t.