Re: CF: Diseases in crossfire

Both.  Jehova inflicted many illnesses and plagues on those who
displeased him, but they also arise naturally.

> 	1- What do you mean which religons grant plagues? I assume
> 	   you mean which religons have power to inflict/cure which
> 	   diseases, correct?

The ability the inflict the illnesses.  Anyone who has a cure disease
spell of the appropriate power should be able to cure disease.

> 	2- How do preists cure disease. I had thought spell would be
> 	   good way. Or do preists cure by "praying" to their god.

They use a prayer, the kind which uses grace.

> 	3- what about integration of disease cures with alchemy. Ie
> 	   be able to make curative potions? What about a skill to
> 	   diagnose the diseases? (that way you know which potion to
>     	   make).

This is a cool idea.  I'll provide a 'cure disease' prayer:  I won't
implement alchemical cures immediately.

> 	4- I assume youll implement diseases like objects. When they are
> 	communicated, you just copy the object and insert in the newly
> 	afflicted individual.

I imagine they'll be rather similar to poisoning, except contageous.

> 	Hmm. The relation of Religions to inflict/cure disease:

I've noted your comments....

> 	3- Gaia. Godess of Nature. Having power over nature must allow

Why must nature be benign?  Plagues are a necessity to reduce overpopulation.
It is a very natural mechanism.  I see her plagues as being quick, deadly,
but merciful.  No lingering deaths.

> 	4- Lythander. Elven god of luck, tricks and theivery, Goblin foe. Hmm.
> 	   no power to inflict or cure I would think. Giving your opponent
>            a diseases isnt very crafty, just plain being nasty.

How about causing diseases to goblins, and curing disease specific to elves?

> 	6- Jehova. "Judge of souls, forgiver and healer" Sounds like this
> 	   religon has power to cure any particular disease. NEVER would
> 	   inflict disease.

I know the biblical "jehova" bears no necessary resemblance to crossfire's,
but the biblical God was very happy to inflict plagues and other afflictions
on the unrighteous, and even on the righteous (Job).

peterM