CF: The essence of flame?

Hi,

I finally found Grunter -:) (why didn't anyone tell me that the towers
of luck actually have something hidden in there? -:)). Which means I also
got the essence of flame (apparently Joey doesn't really want his heart
back, despite the note), and currently the only use of it is the fact that
I have something that I can actually use (contrary to god finger/shining
finger), and that nobody else on my server has (yet... now people know
where grunter is hiding).

The problem: the essence is supposed to do "dam+5". But it doesn't ---
my damage value doesn't change when I switch between normal "bracers
of dexterity" and the "essence of flame of dexterity". Is this some
feature (like bracers not giving ac in certain cases) or a bug?  This
is not really important, but it is the only thing that would make the
essence at least slightly useful.

Too bad that you can no longer make arrows of assasinating dragons
(using the classic recipe with 6 random items --- the "real" recipe is
rather worthless). I guess this was taken out when the "multiple
recipe" feature was added? I guess I'll have to try some other recipes
to get arrows -:(

Christian