Re: CF: Long distance transports

    > for free, after all.)  A more complicated approach (also on the TODO list)
    > would be to have ships more like the old ultima approach - you enter the ship,
    > but you can now move the ship along in the water.  Another thing a ways off.

    That would be great. In fact, when this is implemented -:) it would
    also allow having things like horses or birds that take through through
    the air etc. that you can use to travel faster (well, I assume it
    would be possible) --- basically a general "archetype" that a player
    can enter and control.

perhaps a problem is that there are just too many free transports.
Make fewer of them, and make them cost what they would if things were
"real". IE A LOT of money!
Then people would spend more time roving over top-level landscape, and
also hopefully, map designers would put more time into making
that level of things interesting.