Re: CF: call for java enthusiasts: server time!

    On Jan 13, 10:52am, Philip Brown wrote:

    > Right.
    > On the other hand, if we can say "download this, and click here to play
    > locally", and it works on any machine, with no net lag... I think that's
    > justification.

     Yeah..  I think the java client will already do good things.  I believe that
    once the X11 code is stripped out of the server, it should then compile on any
    posix system (including win NT, and I guess win95, but not sure.)

nope. NT's "posix"ness is for applications, not API's, last I checked.
The problems come from lacking BSD socket APIs, I think.
I doubt macs have it either.
Although I hear there's some wrapper lib you can get for NT.