Re: CF: Newbie hints - skills - maping

Anthony Thyssen wrote...
> I think I know the place. Prehaps the authour should be told.
> especially as the skill is not magic so can be using in the areas `no
> spell' zone.
>
> Speaking of `no spell'  I see it used in places like raffles
> presumably to prevent some sort of `fence' jumping.  What spell
> is it protecting against. I like to know for my map notes.
>
> Also in the same place is ``angry floor'' What in the world is that!
>
> Then under the floor in the `random prise boulder cascade' are
> ``chaos'' floors. These are however hidden under the real floor so the
> spell effects are no visible. And as they are behind a fence, you can't
> get to it, so shouldn't be to `kill players'. They have no effect on the
> boulder cascade I can find.  So why is it their!
>
> The Authors name is missing on the map so I don't know who created it!

Raffle maps are proposed by Seikoh Nisita, main developer of pupland maps,
and made out by me.

I know Crossfire v0.94.x had "Pet bug".(is it fixed on the current
version?)
Pets can go through a wall or a fence, down to up.
So pets can enter into the "cascade" and step on the big buttons.
If "chaos floor" or "angry floor" dont exist, you can easily get
the powerful items of pupland!!!! :-(

"chaos floor" kills pets.
"angry floor" breaks away pets from a player.
I realize that either of them should be necessary.
I hope to remove "angry floor" from Raffle maps. But I dont
have any environment to do so now. I will propose cleaning up
the maps to Seikoh Nisita, the main developer of pupland.
Please wait for the next version of pupland.

If you find other bugs or useless stuff in pupland maps
Please contact to Seikoh Nisita (s-nisita@ics.es.osaka-u.ac.jp) or me.
If you need to know current status of pupland maps,
Please visit http://tokweb.ics.es.osaka-u.ac.jp/~s-nisita/cf/
(Here is also an information and patches for partial protection. ;-)

---
Hisanobu OKUDA
mail-to hisanobu_okuda@mbj.mercedes-benz.com
         or h-okuda@ics.es.osaka-u.ac.jp