CF: Re: keybindings

Preston Crow wrote:
>>And there is the limit of 250 chars for keybindings...
>
>I found that to be a real pain.  I was editing my keybindings file
>in emacs, and all of a sudden, they weren't working.  Crossfire should
>eliminate all arbitrary limits.

 Actually, the keybinding code does dynamically allocate the storage
needed.

 The loader code was only using a 256 byte buffer.  I've increased the
buffer to be larger.

 While arbitary limits are not a good thing, a lot of loading code
througout crossfire has some maximum line length it will take.  This can
certainly be worked around by using dynamically allocated load buffers
and increasing the size if we get long lines, or make all the functions
that get data to deal with continuation of lines.

 This is one of those things of 'wouldn't it be nice if there were
no arbitrary limits'.  In real case, it is much easier to increase
the size of the read buffers and that will likely fix the problem for
most all people.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com