Re: CF: server segfault

Preston F. Crow (Preston.F.Crow@Dartmouth.EDU) wrote:
> If anyone is interested in debugging this, it happened when I was sitting
> braced
> for an hour killing goblins, then unbraced and moved onto the square where all
> the
> stuff had accumulated:

That's an old bug. Mark already told me that he won't fix it since he
thinks that it doesn't affect normal gameplay :-( Back then I reported
this because the server crashed when I opened a very full bag; alter
on I reported it when I opened a very full bag an pressed "a"; even later
I reported it when I made a pile of objects in my apartment and crashed
the server that way. No response, since this is probably all caused by
the "I won't fix that bug" bug.

The crash happens because a _fixed_ (!!!) size buffer overflows. He has
already increased the size of the buffer, but that doesn't fix the problem,
of course.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber