Re: CF: Scorn Improvment Wish List

> In particular I would like to know the lists thoughts on...
>   * How much should ship travel be?  20gp for small boat 50gp for large

I think the ship that goes from scorn to, uh, what's that place?
um.... santo domingo? should be very expensive (check the status
of the scorn gate?) if the scorn gate isn't open, say 100p.  If
the gate is open, then 100g.

>   * What about dragon transport to pupland terminal?  100pp?
>     Cost for transport will be to the pupland terminal only.
>     Dragons from terminal free (part of inital cost).

Am I missing something?  What's so special about pupland?

>   * Where should a `Dragon Passport' be located (for free dragon travel)
>      ? Alturnative to the ``box of tissues'' in raffles? (50% chance)

and/or, spread out?

>   * Where should the password to the port be located?
>      ? Guild master in patches house?
>      ? Guild master in mad mages tower?
>      ? Graffti in Gorks Closet?
>      ? or should it be a Port Pass?

I'd like to see the phrase told about in many locations -- ie:
where to go to get *parts* of the phrase... and have them
be on random people in random places.

I don't really see any need to talk to people.  Most of the time
I attempt to talk to someone and they either don't say anything
or it's something that doesn't appear to help.

> And a donation for...
>   * Some temples for the street of gods EG: Jehova, and others not in scorn.
>     OPTIONALLY...
>     Some with expensive (2 or 3 time normal price) remove curse tables,
>     and very small praybook shops. Maybe the tables for different temples
>     are slightly different prices (competition).  A table selling
>     expensive (4x normal price) healing scrolls may also be usfull ;-)

There needs to be a remove curse for beginners.  I know people
who have quit characters when they put on a cursed item as a
level 1/2/3 and couldn't get to anything that would even
tell them how to get it off (ie: damn! I can't take off
these rags... 'quit).

> Update to the Stage 1 Scorn improvments so far....
>
> Stage 1...
> Done..
>   * Prettyed up the main fortess gardens
>   * Added Street of the Gods, also sign posted a few other streets
>     EG: Street of Merchants, Street of Money Changers, Zoo Road
>   * Moved two existing temples to that street.
>   * Move Goths tavern to near main gate, out of dock area, due to
>     limited access (and add rowdy sailor bar in its place),
>   * Same with Groks Grovel.
>   * Prettied up other parts of scorn, fountains, signs, house images, etc.
>     IE: Changed Library and Goths Tavern Building to make them more
>         unique. That is, try to remove `overuse' of the `guild' image.
>   * Yarids House top level is not very big, didn't require a large
>     `guild' house (SE of lake).
>   * Wrote a message for a existing (but empty) letter in haunted house
>     basement. (Fluff I know but empty documents are annoying)
>   * Re-added `maze1' house to scorn map (Named ``Fun House'').
>   * Re-wrote/Fixed many signs around scorn
>     IE: Stronghold sign for example was very misleading
>   * Added gatehouse into port area (not implemented until map is available)
>     preparation for port closure (later)
>   * Fix password in Yarid's House so it can be found,
>     and reworked house keeper.
>   * Minor Entry and Exit, and Wall fixes all throught scorn.
>     EG: A end wall image in middle of solid wall in haunted house.
>         Setting various maps `default start' position (for location 0,0)

Thank you.

> To Do..
>   * Auto close on the gates in gatehouse

yes!!!

>   * Add a prision (for atmosphere -- can't do anything much)
>   * Flood Eastern dock area, to allow a boat behind prison wall
>   * Gates and Altars (currently open) to access ships.
>   * A secret (well not so secret) access to a single boat to Port
>     Jospeh, behind the prison. This is an excelent low level area, with
>     no connections elsewhere.  EG: access to the ship but not the docks.
>     ? prision escape route -- a escaped goblin
>   * Reduce size of Dragon Transport area (leaving one dragon to pupland)
>     and the dragon travelers cross roads. This allows for more dock
>     space, which seems to be more popular (and in future cheaper).
>   * Some connection from oldcity to pirates den.  or to a well in port
>     area.  You need to be pretty tough to get through and is an
>     alturnative path to dock area.
>   * Castle Aaargh in outside world, images are Bad!
>   * Posible bug in Yarid's dungeon exit - duplicating maps?
>
> Future?
>   * Merge of Buildings from Port Jospeh into scorn, change boat link
>     from Port Jospeh to Goblin Isle.
>   * Training buildings (begineer information, not for experience)
>   * And a few houses which do not have map reset...
>     Prehaps a realist state office to sell keys (with address stamped on them)
>        EG;  Number 3, Giant street   or   8 Bank Road
>     And a mailbox outside house (in house map) giving its address?
>
>   * Do something with the Royal Castle
>     Prehaps a royal throne with the court made up of the people who
>     contributed bigtime to game ;-) EG: Major maps, Programming, etc..
>     Each could have thier own bit babble about the aspect they created.
>
>   * A long sea journey ship!
>       ? forced wait in ships hold..  Aka, a timed door release.
>       ? Ship movement animation (Object directors?)
>         Question? can a exit move? Can player hop on a moving object?

I need to save this and reply again later... after
I look at some of the specific places you mentioned.

Scott