Re: CF: Scorn Improvment Wish List

> | > I have like 21 spell points.  That's just over 3 burning hands,
> | > which clears orc and hurts green guys and doesn't seem to
> | > phase anything else (ie: ogres).
> | You don't want to rely on phyiscal for the lower levels. In fact one
> | usually uses wisdom and magic for the first 20-30 levels, with phsiycal
> | being the least important. Physical gets more effective once you get
> | some decent equipment.
> However the problem is that you have so little magic power at low
> levels. Unless you are fireborn where you could be saving up all your
> magic while doing other things.

That's my point.  I have to run around and hit things once or twice
with a physical attack (ok, maybe 10 or 20 times) and then if
I haven't killed them already, throw some magic at them, otherwise
all i'm doing is slowly feeding my physical skills while my magic
just sits there.

sure, I abuse prisons.... I go to the one in scorn, once I have earthwall
and I know which buttons will open up the beholders.. and I take all the
beholders out, but not the generators (ie: leave one).  then just sit
there and take out the beholder as soon as it appears.  That's good
for about 5 levels.  Then, it's possible to use earthwall
by the bend on the way pu to the beholder/wyvern room.  Just make a single
gap (1 row wide) and let out the wyverns.  They can't get through it
and they won't shoot through the hole (when you're hiding behind the wall),
so just step to the side, ice-bolt over and over and hope you kill one
before your magic runs out... repeat.  This can be used for levels.

Is this how the game was supposed to be played?

Scott