Re: CF: Beginneers Guide

On Dec 4, 10:39am, Maciej Kalisiak wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: Beginneers Guide
> Tero Kivinen writes:
>  > Mice are also good when you are carrying tons of stuff, and want to
>  > move fast. If the room is full of mice you just hit the first one, and
>  > after that you move every time after you kill one of them. This can
>  > accelerate your speed quite a lot, and makes it much faster to bring
>  > back all the stuff found from the dungeon... :-)
>
> Ahh yes, so I was not imagining things... When you are attacking I
> THINK you use weapon speed, even for moving to a new square,
> which can be substantially better (or worse) than your regular movement
> speed. This will probably be fixed someday since this behaviour (that
> you mention) does not have any "real world" plausible explanation.

 This will be fixed someday.

 Note that you don't need mice to use this feature - if you have a fast enough
weapon speed, stay by the walls - attack the wall, switch to the direction you
want to move, attack the wall again, switch to direction you want to move.
 Repeat.  This may not be as fast as killing mice, but it does still get you
some bonus if your weapon speed is much faster than your normal speed
(actually, I think in reality, if weapon speed > normal speed + 1.0, you the
above method will let you come out ahead, since 1.0 of speed will be used for
the attack.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com