Re: CF: Progress on random map generator? Incorporating the disease patches?

On Tue, Dec 01, 1998 at 08:35:05PM -0800, Peter Mardahl wrote:

> Hello,

[cut some diseases]
>   How about a random map generator?  What progress on that?  A good random
> map generator would really, really make map creation nice, and instead of
> empty buildings in towns, we could have random maps, nethack/rogue/moria
> style.
I think this is a good idea, it would add a lot to the gameplay.

>   A random map generator would really add a lot.  How about creating
> one of those rather than re-doing the map editor Mr. Toneby?
Nahhh, I tried to do some mazes a few years back, but never got around
to make anything useful of it and the code was never even useable, I
wasn't very good at recursion then ;), but I'd rather do the editor
since it's somewhat more useful, at least for me ;), since I get to
learn to code GTK, but I'm pretty sure someone has the skill/time to do
a random map generator. I suppose that there will have to be some
changes in the server, that creates a new map the 1.st time after a
reset a user enters a house/dungeon.

/Peter T