Re: CF: Bugs in Crossfire 0.92.4

> From: Daniel Haas writes:
>
> Hi,
> I hope this mail gets to the correct place. I installed and compiled
> crossfire 0.92.4 successfully on a DEC Alpha 3000/600.
>
> But I get some serious crashes while playing in two cases:
>
> * One seems to be a problem with special keys. They will not get
> removed from my inventory after using them and get a negative weight
> sometimes this freezes everything and sets my speed to zero. Removing
> the keys manually from the player-file fixes everything.

	I have never heard of this one before--sounds archetecture
	dependant..

> * The second is worse: I have a lots of problems with magic
> - One problem that crossfire crashes sometimes when I try to enter
> the magic shop - seems to be dependent from the items in the shop

	This is a fatal bug in the reading code; I sent out a patch
	for this (more below).

> - Crossfire crashes regularly when I meet spellcasting monsters,
> so playing on a high level is not very funny (I cannot kill beholdereyes
> skulls, wyverns, dragons etc without crashing...)

	Hmm. Another new problem. No idea why this might occur.

> Any help will be appreciated...

	Version 0.92.4 was *very* buggy. I suggest that you duck back
	to version 0.92.2 (last stable one I am aware of) until version
	0.92.5 comes out. Then we might be able to attack your new
	problems.

						-b.t.