Re: CF: Bugs in Crossfire 0.92.4

On Thu, 18 Jul 1996, Brian Thomas wrote:
> Daniel Haas writes:
> > - Crossfire crashes regularly when I meet spellcasting monsters,
> > so playing on a high level is not very funny (I cannot kill beholdereyes
> > skulls, wyverns, dragons etc without crashing...)
> >

>         Hmm. Another new problem. No idea why this might occur.

I think that this is related to the patch that I posted to this list
on Wednesday for all spells and skills that were trying to access
areas outside the map (i.e. were not checking for map boundaries).

High-level monsters, which are more likely to cast spells, also have
larger area effects due to their level, and thus were more likely to
crash the game.  Applying the patch that I sent on Wednesday fixes a
lot of these problems.  But since there are other bugs in 0.92.4 (see
the bug fix that I just posted for create_missile), I didn't CC my
patch to Daniel Haas, because it will be better for him to wait until
0.92.5 or to go back to an earlier version in the meantime.

-Raphael