Re: What skills people should have at start, +misc comments

In message <199506231549.LAA07956@sps1.phys.vt.edu>, "Michael B. Martin" writes
:

>I would suggest that if a "class-as-skill" system is used (which, BTW,
>sounds fine to me), that each character at least start with the 4
>basic class skills (or whatever the "basic" skills are; there could be

Hear hear.  I think we are building enough of a consensus to start
implementation of skills-as-objects.  We can argue about what you
start out with later.....

>powerful mage in a distant tower who will increase your magical
>ability, but first you have to do/get something for him?  (I.e. could
>relate skill acquisition/improvement to quests for more variety.)
>
>Well, these are just thoughts.  What do you think?

It'd be nice if there were a new archetype which when you stepped on
it would grant you some type of experience.  This could be a
reward of quests.  I've been meaning to do it for a long time
but never have.

PeterM