Re: disarm spell

On Wed, 20 Dec 1995, Colin wrote:

> How hard would it be to give a connect vaule to a trap so that you
> can trigger all sort of things with it and or trigger traps by pulling
> levers and stuff. This is really evil with area affect traps. Or would
> you do it like destruction where all traps within range are triggered.
> This would mean that two spikes or blade traps right next to each
> other would be pretty nasty though.

I wouldn't think it would be that hard.  And I'm mainly talking about the
explosive kind.  Spikes, blades, etc only hurt those right on top the
square, right?  And I would call them stable triggers, they won't be
setoff by explosions.  But things like fire, poison cloud, icestorm, etc
is explosive and each trap it comes in contact with, we could have
icestorm square for instance try to disarm the traps it flies over, some
maybe successful (trap was destroyed without setting it off), or
unsuccessful, in which case the trap does go off.  And so forth.  I'm
thinking this can be done since fire or icestorm is able to destroy some
items it crosses over, so why not?

-Matt (I don't think its evil, just realistic. :P )