Re: Dreads???

> From: Jonathan Hankins writes:
> On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, Brian Thomas wrote:
>
> > 	Hmm. Sounds like that spell needs some tuning. BTW, which
> > 	God were you worshiping? Lythander?
> >
> I was worshiping God...it was pretty cute to see "You killed Grukk with
> holy servant of God!" :) But yeah, the spell is a bit too
> powerful...though very useful for mid level priest characters who don't have
> the brawn of some better-equipped fighters. Considering the sparseness of
> attack-type spells for priests, I wouldn't want to downgrade it TOO much.

	I tryed this out with my 10th level priest.. I managed to
	kill 2 dreads with one holy servant, but that was the best
	I could do (I was worshiping God too, btw). I couldnt kill the
	electric dragon at all this way. But Perhaps the spell is
	still too strong... I will try to resubmit a new spell_params
	file to Mark to help balance out the new spells.

	While Iam here.. has anyone else noticed some spell imbalances
	(w/ the new spells).??

> > 	I would also like to recogmend that the Dreads have higher speed
> > 	than they currently do. Otherwise they are just too easy to kill,
> > 	and yeild too much xp.
>

> The dreads are slow, and pretty stupid...all they ever seem to cast is
> magic missile, burning hands, and icestorm. I figured such powerful

	Yeah. I strongly recomend that the speed of the dreads be
	brought up to ~electric dragon speed/ and/or give them quite
	a bit more armour/immunities. Certainly a speed of 0.2 would
	be a minimum to make them a challange (IMHO). Of course, another
	solution would be to *decrease* the xp award too. As they
	stand, I bet the Dread is really only worth 5000-10,000 xp.

					b.t.