Re: Dreads???

On Sat, 2 Dec 1995, Brian Thomas wrote:

> 	I tryed this out with my 10th level priest.. I managed to
> 	kill 2 dreads with one holy servant, but that was the best
> 	I could do (I was worshiping God too, btw). I couldnt kill the
> 	electric dragon at all this way. But Perhaps the spell is
> 	still too strong... I will try to resubmit a new spell_params
> 	file to Mark to help balance out the new spells.
>
> 	While Iam here.. has anyone else noticed some spell imbalances
> 	(w/ the new spells).??

While I was pounding more dreads today ;-) I got an idea...from the old
days of AD&D, I remember there being tons of different types of golems.
WHy not make the summon golem/call holy servant spells work like the
summon pet monster spells, in that they summon a creature based on the
character's level...you could be tough with the level restrictions too,
since a lot of the people on this list seem to have characters of levels
above 30 (I have only gotten to 15, maybe they have too much free time?
;-) j/k...) Anyways, clay golem, flesh golem, iron golem, brass,
obsidian....there was a great variety of them as I remember. I bet one of
the gifted xmp artsist could do up some fancy images for them, too :)
(IMHO) modifications like this to existing spells make the game more fun,
as well as more balanced...making someone's spells just less effective
tends to make them unhappy....but I'd eagerly work my way to a higher
level to get a new kind of golem, etc (maybe *I* have too much free time :)

email: 	jhankins@cs.hhs.homewood.k12.al.us
WWW: 	http://www.hhs.homewood.k12.al.us/class95/jrh/
"After the war, what does a soldier become?"