From c to c++

	I'm working with a group of students here at the University of
Nevada Reno who'd like to port crossfire to c++. I realize it's under the
GNU license but would like to hear from some of the people working on it.

If this becomes a reality it would be an upper divisional class in
porting using crossfire as an example. With any luck, the class would
first abstract the code into some general classes and then address the
issues of static versus dynamic code. There are plenty of topics which
crossfire implements and is an excellent model to be divided up. Hopefully
the system would be easier to expand and maintain if we were to do a job
well done.

If you have some ideas/suggestions we'd be very pleased to hear them.

(Btw, I understand the game is in a state of flux and really would like
to let you know if we decide to do a rewrite/port anytime soon. I'd
prefer to work with the others already familiar with the system rather
than against.)

-web

   William Bull
 bull@cs.unr.edu