Re: eutl updates?

Petri Heinila writes:
 > On Thu, 27 Apr 1995 simonm@inmos.co.uk wrote:
 >
 > > OK, I've managed to compile the eutl package under Solaris 2.3,
 > > with a little modification. There was a lot of BSD stuff that
 > > needed confining to conditionally compiled regions, and alternative
 > > SVR4 code segments provided. The Makefiles needed quite a bit
 > > of reworking to pull in appropriate libraries, but now everything
 > > seems to work fine, and the built in test passed perfectly.
I'm going to be sending out a new release real soon now.  I've done
ports to solaris 2.[34], alphas, decs, hp's.  I'm currently getting
nice configuration stuff done.  (Not imake)

 > The separation of files seems to be now quite developmental.
 > If it can be considered the library is in quite stable state,
 > means no big service additions (porting although), the files
 > could be collected into one directory, when writing Imakefile
 > for it is simple.
It's probably better to keep it separate from the crossfire
stuff.  I'm going to be using it for many other things (in fact
I already am), and so keeping the distributions separate will allow
improvements to eutl to not force a re-release of crossfire.
Anyway, eutl is released under a different copyright.  I can't
remember right now if you can put a GNU copyleft on it.
	-Eric