Re: poison? luggage?

 The reliability of pet monsters (or similar monsters) following the
player when he changes map is suspect at best.

 For pet monsters, this is not a problem.  Losing some is an inconvenience,
not much more.

 But if you lose your luggage with your items in it, this is a major
problem.  Also, if it follows you around, it means you could never apply
it - something needs to be in the same space or in your inventory
to apply something.

 Also, I think having it in your inventory is better in any case.  I could
see a party situation with a couple character having luggages following
them around, and thus blocking the corrider to other members of the party.

 --Mark