Re: Misc thoughts.

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Mardahl <peterm@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU> writes:

Peter> One does NOT miss with a large fireball.  You do NOT miss with
Peter> cone spells.  You DO hit many monsters at once with less risk.

I just got 91.5 (last install was .89.2?)

I defined the random effects upon failed spell and limit cone range.
I agree that magicians are too powerful.

I also defined random encounter... and resurrect.

It seems like a good compromise.

>> play. There are so many maps where players can kill big room full
>> of dragons just casting fireballs through one square width
>> door. Fighters would have enourmous advantage over wizards if it
>> would be fight with one chinese dragon in room in which there
>> aren't any safe spots.

in .89 you just go to the prison, where things are nice and
corraled.... you get the wand of medium fireball from the
beginners... and inthe prison you zap the beholders... boom, instant
level 5... and then you can cast medium fireballs all day.

Peter> 1)  stop the propagation of cones *through* monsters.
Peter> 2)  stop the propagation of fireballs *through* monsters.