Re: How to cheat in crossfire v 0.91.5

 But passwords do have the problem that they can become public knowledge.
Once you know the password, you can complete that quest/goal much easier
(either witha different character or the same character.)

 I don't consider quests/maps that take a while to sovle to be a problem.
An example of one is the pirate quest in Navar City.  While each map
(except teh final series through the lighthouse) can be finished pretty
quickly, you need a key to finish step A, where you get a key to do
step B, and so on.

 The case people have talked about is whre you use the key B to start
that section, but yet have key C.

 But cheating with treasure chambers is possible if you save wherever.
One option may be to not make a backup save if the player is on a
non magic square.  Most treasure chambers are in this category,
and the rest could be modified to be in it without that much difficutly.

 One way to make cheating of any type more difficult is simply remove
the 'save command.  In this way, a player can not control where he will
be if the game crashes, unless he stands in 1 place for about 10 minutes

 Saving all players at once:  I don't consider this a good solution
to the cheating problem as orignally posted (and does nothing for
cheating in treasure chambers).  The reason I don't like this solution is
that if you have several players, it may very likely make a noticable
'hiccup' in game play - the tick it is saving everyone will take
a bit longer.

 The best solution is to make it so the server can not crash.  I have
only received that report of always makign it crash (create missile).
I have not seen any others.  It still might crash occasionaly for
various reasons, but as far as I know, none of these are something that
the player can force to happen in order to cheat.

 --MArk