Re: How to cheat in crossfire v 0.91.5

   First of all let me say that I am FOR not allowing the players save
themselves.  However, even if they are not in control they can still
gain an advantage by crashing the server.  You (Mark) have even mentioned
some of them.  I am not really familiar with the code but I thought only the
player that was on a map that got saved would experience the "delay" of a
saving of a map.  If this is the case, even if a player was continually
typing save, I would not think the server would be unplayable.  If players
could not save themselves then this is not even a problem.
   You (Mark) also brought up the point of a player saving-then crashing
server-then waiting till map reset before logging on again.  The way I
proposed we handle maps means it would be at least the "full" map reset
time before they could log in again and expect to have a full treasure room.
On most servers I expect this number would be about 60min.  However, if
maps were not saved then the player could gain the treasure room at least
6 times faster by waiting 10min for autosave-crashing server-get treasure
and then repeat.
   Without simultaneously saving players the duplicating eq problem still
exists due to the problem you mention (i.e., players somehow know when
they are saved and time things right).
   Maybe there is a huge flaw in my logic (if you see one please point
it out).

   Thanks,
     Jason Iness