Re: hps of classes (class differences)

 What each class gets comes back to the question of whether the classes
should be strong differences or weak.

 As it is now, class differences are weak.  The only differences between
the classes are starting attribute bonuses (and thus, what the max for
the various stats will be), starting equipment, icon, and what pets you
get.

 A few of the classes (fireborn, wraith, quetcoutal (sp)) are a bit
different.  They have various better bonuses (better ac, or immunities and
vulnerabilities), as well as restrictions (can't use armour or weapons).

 So potentially, that 12'th level barbarian can have a much higher
strength and con than that 12'th level wizard, and thus do more damage,
move faster, and have more hit points.  That wizard will potentially have
a much higher int and wis, and thus have more sp, and can learn spells
easier.

 I think some changes to classes would be a bad idea.  Having hit points
depends on classes could quickly make some classes unplayable.  In
AD&D, which I play and will use for comparission purposes, mages do get
very few hit points (compared to the fighter classes) per level.  However,
AD&D is almost always played as a group, so that mage has several fighters
protecting him, and thus is not as likely to take damage.  In crossfire,
this seems less likely (most seem to play solo).  And even if not in
solo mode, you still have things like large fireballs, icestorms, etc, which
will do damage to any large group.  And if you are fortunate enough to have
a line of fighters in front of you, it pretty much means you can not
cast any offensive spells without hitting your fighter friends.

 I do think that barbarians may need a bit more a bonus than the
other classes.  This is because the barbarian class (due to its large
penalty on intelligence) can never really become a spell caster, and it
seems to me, that spells are really a major part of the game.

 --Mark