Re: hps of classes (class differences)

> +---
> | A comment about drinking 4 potions : here on the chico server, even
> | the average players, after getting to about 13-15 level, have more
> | money than they know what to do with.  It becomes more like "hey,
> | which store has Dex potions?" Then a race to that store.  Or even
> | worse, a player opens up a bag and chooses which artifact to whip
> | out for this specfic encounter.  Ah, room full of dragons? No prob,
> | dragonslayer +3.
>
> Then Chico has a serious problem with unbalanced _maps_. Not that I
> blame Chico -- it is very difficult to make balanced maps.

hmm, I don't think so, I think that the majority of the chico maps
that we play were included with the standard distribution.  We try
to keep the scum areas down as much as we can, but with 10 different
map makers this is hard.

A LOT of people play xfire here at chico.  These people, like I'm sure
many of you are, are very good at games.  The players here could
scum any maps, and by 13-15 level, will have good enough characters
to scum anything. I know the berkeley players could prolly do this
too. (scums ;)

> That is: to increase your stat, one potion is sufficient until the
> stat reaches 15.
>   15 -> 16    2 potions
>   16 -> 17    3
>   17 -> 18    4
>   18 -> 19    6
>   22 -> 23   15
>   29 -> 30   51
>
> If you like, you could make it random, so that your odds for advancing
> your stat from 24 to 25 is 1 to 22 against.
>

> Kjetil T.

Cool, i did not know about this table.  One thing that I would also like
to mention, is the enchant weapon scolls.  They unbalance the game
entirely.  We have players, running around collecting all of the
diamons/booze/gems/whatever for days, then finally preparing the weapon.
We have +35 taifus, with +5 to each stat, 8 weapon speed, and damage
+35 or so.  I'm not even going to mention a pair of nunchunks (sorry sp)
that have also been made.  Could we put a prepare weapon limit on this?
I could do it if nobody else wants to.

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it ;) some monsters give out
way too many exp.  Like demi-liches.  500000?  I have seen a 25 level
barbarian wade through like 30 of them in one room no problem, then
he becomes 31st level or something.  I think that there need to
be tougher monsters.  I have taken monsters like the chineese dragon, liches,
and the Demon lord, given them almost every attack, protection, a few
immunes, and it is only a matter of seconds before they die.

Anyone have knowledge in AI?  I would love to see the monsters be much
smarter.  I myself have no programming knowledge in it, but am taking
a really great AI class next semester.  A row of bullet walls has
scummed many maps with dumb monsters sitting in front of them.  Shouldn't
bullet walls have friendly flags set so the monsters tear them down?

Karim