Re: Crossfire comments

From: Peter Mardahl <peterm@soda.berkeley.edu>

> Identify has made it very unfortunate to be a low level character.
> It has become very difficult to obtain enough money to improve
> your equipment or spell knowledge.  Too hard.

I don't think that's too hard (Only played low level characters lately :( )
I think that Mark's solution is good, so you can buy identify/per object.

About weights on unidentified objects. I don't see any reason why players
need to know the exact weight of objects. Examine command could tell
if objects feels heavy, very heavy etc. If object is identified then it shows
exact weight. Only where you need need to know your weight is with buttons
and trapdoors, and even there isn't very important.

Giving every class it's own special abilities is good idea, but I hope
that these wouldn't be too restrictive. A few idea's that comes to mind.

Thief:	could examine buttons and trapdoor and find out how much weight
	activates them. And could lockpick normal doors.
Warrior:Could identify some weapons or armors.
Mages:	More likely succees with spellcasting, more effective spells.
Cleric:	Better with healing.

[about expmul-patch: Great idea, but wouldn't that be better be in
player struct, since it affects only players, and living struct is
every object (adds quite much memory usage when many maps are loaded).
Like addind exp field player archetype to tell how much is needed first
level and using that count value expmul-varibale.]

 -Tero