Re: Is there anybody there?

Frank (Yes, Frank!  He's back!) wrote:
> [A periscope pops up in the middle of the road, turning a full 360 degrees
>  before popping back where it came from.  A nearby manhole is carefully
>  pushed aside, emitting a lot of steam.  After a few seconds, an obviously
>  terrible embarrassed person returns from the murky depths]

Hurray!  Hurray!
An ever growing crowd welcomes the long-awaited hero, back from his
long journey into the depths of the Earth...

> A "Project team" or something similar sounds very nice to me.

Great!

> Volunteers?  I spotted a volunteer??  Please! 8)

Well, errr...  Volunteer for programming, yes.  Sure!  But not for
maintaining the distribution.  Not enough time for that.

> And give the maintainer some freedom to distribute workload among the team
> if he for some reason is busy?

...put the slaves at work, huh?  ;-)

> My local version _still_ has that malloc bug...It's real nasty.  Instead
> of making the game crash, it puts crossfire strings among the X-variables
> occasionally.  Like changing the name of the window to "food", or something
> similar...

Yum!  Looks like a good old wandering pointer...
Who d'ya gonna call?  Bug-hunters!

Don't worry if there still are bugs in your version.  After all, it's
an alpha version.

-Raphael