Re: HELLO!@

>  First off! MARK! you did a GREAT job with the merge......I
>  have never had it compile so easily! :> Glad to see the
>  build World is fixed again :>

I'll reiterate this. :)  Great job.  Very happy to see things moving
along again at a good pace.

Compiling the game was *very* easy indeed.  I still needed one patch
which I mentioned before.  In common/tempnam.c it has in two places
an #if !defined(MACH) to decide to use sprintf() or snprintf().
Well, my NeXT (black) is mach, but has no snprintf(), so I changed
this to

#if !defined(MACH) || defined(NeXT)

What did other NeXT people do for this?  Or did they undefine MACH?

The only other problem I encountered was with libXpm.  The one on my
machine has no XpmCreatePixmapFromBuffer() function in it, so I
couldn't use the XPM_PIX.  I guess I'll have to get the Xpm stuff
from the ftp sites...

Compiling crossedit flailed miserably.  Lots of header file errors,
probably related to POSIX stuff.   I'll be pouring over that stuff to
try to figure it out.  If anyone else on a NeXT gets this to compile,
I would appreciate any hints on what they did to get it to work.

Happy crossfiring!

Michael (admin of server at fermat.dartmouth.edu)