Re: vampires

In message <199408150909.CAA22545@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>, Peter Mardahl writes
>In message <9408150804.AA02032@zircon.cm.cf.ac.uk>, Simon McIntosh-Smith writes
>>
>>I was zapping one vampire with my rod of firebolt and my rod of
>>small lightning for ages, and he just wasn't going down! Do I
>>need to be more patient? They don't have THAT many hps though,
>>at least, according to the spoilers...
>
>  You will never kill a vampire with rods.  A wand might do it.
>Vampires have constitution, and HEAL QUICKLY.  You've gotta
>pour a large damage/time into the vampire quickly, via spells,
>or you'll never kill him.
>
> Rods take too long to regenerate, you can't cause damage fast enough
>with one.
If you can stand the problems of physically attacking a vampire (I assume
it drains, but slower than a grimreaper - cos it never causes me problems)
try using a Bonecrusher! If you're strong enough, that gives plenty of
damage/time!!

Ben.
|    _|--|_    |   Disclaimer: I've got a degree and maybe 1/2 of a PhD.   |
|      vv      | However, I still know nothing! |      btk@aber.ac.uk      |