Re: vampires

> > I dunno what the deal with stakes is.  I honestly think you're
> > better off with some artifact weapon such as Darkblade or
> > Demonbane.
> >
> > PeterM
>
> I don't think stakes work at all. They do physical damage (slaying vampire -
> which should triple it), but vampires are immune to physical...
>
> Rupert

This is exactly the problem! I get myself a +2 stake, which I'm told
"slays vampires", and then I find that I can't touch a vampire with
it! Is there any way the vampire can be changed so that it's immune
to physical EXCEPT when a stake is used? Otherwise the stake may as
well be removed, or at least modified so that it doesn't say that it
slays vampires.

I was zapping one vampire with my rod of firebolt and my rod of
small lightning for ages, and he just wasn't going down! Do I
need to be more patient? They don't have THAT many hps though,
at least, according to the spoilers...

How about adding another type of weapon, a silver sword? This could
have a magic attack that was slay vampire. Also, if were- creatures
are introduced into Crossfire at some point (hey! that would be a good
idea. Imagine walking into some safe looking place when suddenly one
of the peacful looking humans turns into a large bear or wolf or rat...)
the silver weapons of some kind would definitely be needed...

Sy