Several notes.

 Will combine a few unrelated things into one message:

 First, if you have source changes that you want to get in the next
version, try to get them to me Monday.  I plan to put out a new version
next week, so that I can work on re-doing objects into two lists - one
for living, and one for non living.  With more objects being added to
maps (ie, floors below walls that were not there before), I think this
is becoming a little more important.

 Map editing:  Most editing I have done so far has been the following:
Adding signs to various places describing what buildings are open and
stuff.  Also, if while playing, I notice some errors (ie, exit does not
match up to entrance, meaning, that hwen you exit, you end up 5 squares
away from the entrance), or minor things like that, I fix them.  I've
taken over the city hall map, and have added statues for everyone
in the CREDITS list.  If I notice a major problem with maps, I will
put it in the problem directory (already, all the unlinked maps have
been moved there.  Also, I am not adding background pixmaps for every
map either.

 In summary, I am only editing maps that have minor problems.  Maps with
major problems get put in the problems directory, I don't mess with maps
without any problems.

 XPM file space:  According to my calculation, each XPM image (24x24)
should take up 648 bytes (including mask).  This does not include any
overhead that the server puts in.  With 2100 (or so) pixmaps, this amounts
to about 1.36 MB.  However, if the display device is 24 bit, then
the pixmaps might be stored as 24 bit images.  This would make the size of
each about 1800 bytes (about 3.75 MB for all of them.)

 While 1.3 MB is a bit, I don't see that as being a major problem.
If the display devices are 24 bit, it should not be to hard to create
the pixmaps as 8 bit images.

 Sometime when I run it on my sun, I'll have to see how much more space
the X server takes up.

 I've (hopefully) fixed the bug of two different floor types under
a stretch of wall with the same type.  Have yet to test it, however.

 --Mark