Re: client/server?

 Certainly deciding what the client handles and what the server handles
will be very important.   This will form a key to what the client and
server communicate to each other.

 I know quite a bit about X, but lack a lot of knowledge about the
actual protocols, and what will work best and so on.

 I would freeze new versions if I actually got the idea that client/server
woudl be seriously worked on.  The problem I see is that if I freeze
it (no new releases), if it takes 6 months to do client/server, then other
people will likely have put out patches or their own versions that would
need to get merged in or lost.

 Also, most changes are bug fixes or not really major changes.  I would think
that some work could progress on the split without a totally frozen version.

 If I actually get a request of something like 'we are about ready to
actually start coding client/server, please releasea version that will be
stable for a while', I would probably do so.  Right now, as I see it, most
of client/server is still on the drawing board, and I don't want to freeze
new versions for 6 months.

 --Mark