Re: images and maps

Scarrow writes:
> have yet to be cached by the client.  This may not seem like as good of a
> solution as sending all the bitmaps at the beginning, but I for one don't
> care for large delays at the opening which could be relegated to small
> delays while playing.  Of course, an intelligent client could cache these

You can also combine these with correct planning of protocol, so that
when client notices that user isn't doing anything it might ask some
images from server for its cache, and after a while it might have all
the pixmaps downloaded to local cache. After that everything will run
at the full speed again.
--
Tero.Kivinen@hut.FI              	     Work : +358-0-451 4032
Magnus Enckellin kuja 9 K 19, 02610, Espoo   Home : +358-0-502 1573