BUg bug bug...

I'm having a hell of a time. Ok, first off, I had 88.5 running
with set group ID, since all players at in group student. This
was no problem. Now, however, with 89.2 players can only
load correctly
if the save file has teh save userid as the person
running the server.

ie: Jon runs server, and adds Tom. Tom plays and saves, so
Tom's character has a uid of Jon. Now if Tom loads
his character, all items will be missing! The items
will only be there if Jon loads it, since it's his uid..

I've tried everything. set group id, setting id to games for all
files (teh bin is games.student owned), saving files as 666,
etc. Loaded character will only have their items still with them
if the person running the crossfire bin itself owns the
player files..

--

A few other comments. Undef'ing lock_players amke it so
no players can load characters at all. (All possible

Swapping stats is great. Thanks to whoever.

Frank, I've sent you tons of mail. It'll back up, and be sent out
late tonight from school. I'm sorry there is so much. :(

To get it to work on teh suns, I had to change all lines
with "!defined SGI || defined __sun__" (SOmething liek that)
to !defined __sun__. This kepts stdlib from being compiled
in, which is a no-no. shstr.c neeed to have stdlib and
stdarg (I think) manually commented out. This is basicly
all that was needed for crossfire 88.2 to compile on my Sun4.

--

That loading bug has already nuked a few level 5+ characters, and noone is happy. :)
I hope someone can fix this ASAP...