Re: Idea

Petri Heinil{ writes:
> David J. Bianco writes:
> > Jonathan Roy writes:
> > > I'd like Dimension door to only work on open space... Like
> > > to get behind those 50 hill giants, let's say. It shouldn't
> > > let you jump through rock, doors, etc... At least in my
> > > opinion.
> > >
> >Hmmmm... I don't know about anyone else, but I've
> >never been able to jump through anything.  Dimension door
> >just goes as far as it can until you encounter the
> >end of the map or some obstacle (not including water)

What makes dimension door so powerful that most old maps are broken,
is the ability to type a number before casting the spell, to specify
the range.  This enables it to jump through solid walls.

> That's right, I think. Futher, I think there is bug in water. Not in
> dimmension door, but by flying objects. I think they should can fly over
> water. And levitation should also work.

That is something which has been left broken due to "bug compatibility" 8)

Now that the format of the map has changed, that is very likely to change
for next version.  What will happen, is that all maps will be thrown out,
and then the few good maps, after having been changed to fit the new rules
(unfortunately unwritten rules as of now 8) will be added again.

That annoying variable clash in the pits/traps will also be fixed.

I'll probably release a beta-beta-release so that map-makers can fix their
maps before the next (beta!) version.

-Frank.