Re: Idea

Tero Haatanen writes:
-> > I have an idea: Make it possible to have special conditions for opening
-> > doors etc. For example one very special key to open a door (no other keys
-> > work), or suchlike. This would also naturally leed to quests to get these
-> > special items for example. Dimension door is a problem here, but perhaps
-> > its possible to have walls that is not passable with Dimension door?
->
-> I had the same idea, and I have almost implementend it :). I test it
-> a little more and send patches to Frank, when I have a little time.
-> Dimension door isn't any problem, just set no_magic flag on.
-> BTW. If someone has has nice bitmaps for doors and keys, I could use
-> them.
->
->   - Tero
	This has been implemented here at ODU. When we send out our
patches in a couple of weeks it will be included. It works by
removeing a specified named item from you inventory and destroying the
door. Crossedit will support it also.

				matt
				matt@cs.odu.edu