Re: A few thoughts/notes.

In message <9304110314.AA26279@am.ucsc.edu>you write:
>  1)  It would be nice to name rings/amulets (like you can in nethack.) It
> gets tiring to have to examine a ring to see what it does (and see
> if that is the one I want equipped or another.)  If I have a ring
> with the property cha+1, it would be nice to call it a ring of
> charisma or something.
>
>  2) Naming of the protection scrolls needs to be re-done, so what
> it protects against comes earlier in the name.  As it is, all that gets
> displayed is up to about 'from' in the You See window.  Which means doing
> E (or mouse button) to see what it protects from in the info window.

I suggested these two to Frank a while ago - as far as a player naming an
item, he wanted to wait until a proper command parser was in. Still, 'twould
be nice if you could see what a ring was when you stepped on it, or when it
was in your inventory.

>  A nice list of everything that is in the store would be great.  Once
> again, it can be tiring walking over every square if you are just looking
> for one item.

Yeah, this would be nice.

>  A fast way of resting (to regain hp or sp).  Still give the monsters
> their moves, but quicken it up.  As things are right now, if I am down
> a lot of spellpoints, I'll sit in town (where no monsters exist), eat
> all my food, and do something else for 10 minutes as my character regains
> his spellpoints.

Take all your armor off, this makes the spellpoints come back faster. (Just
remember to put it back on again when you go into combat :-)

>  I think a 1 player/multiplayer flag may be appropriate.  Some of these
> might be more reasonable in a single player game (which is what I play)

The last of these definately only should be in a singe player game.