Re: A few thoughts/notes.

>From: master@cats.UCSC.EDU (Mark Wedel)
>
> Found a little free time, and played around with it more.  So here
>are a few thoughts/suggestions/questions:
>
> 1)  It would be nice to name rings/amulets (like you can in nethack.) It
>gets tiring to have to examine a ring to see what it does (and see
>if that is the one I want equipped or another.)  If I have a ring
>with the property cha+1, it would be nice to call it a ring of
>charisma or something.
>
> 2) Naming of the protection scrolls needs to be re-done, so what
>it protects against comes earlier in the name.  As it is, all that gets
>displayed is up to about 'from' in the You See window.  Which means doing
>E (or mouse button) to see what it protects from in the info window.

One (kludge) solution is to play in split-window mode. Make the
inventory window so wide that names fit into it.

> Other thoughts:
>
> A nice list of everything that is in the store would be great.  Once
>again, it can be tiring walking over every square if you are just looking
>for one item.

Good idea, menu of the day. Hmm, it could be some kind of menu sheet.
You apply sheet and get menu list. But this expects that all names of
items fit into text window.

Once again, in shop design, there should be more smaller shops.
The meaning of shop decreases if you find one shop at a time the
item what you are looking for. Shops could be substituted some
kind of item-automata.

> A fast way of resting (to regain hp or sp).  Still give the monsters
>their moves, but quicken it up.  As things are right now, if I am down
>a lot of spellpoints, I'll sit in town (where no monsters exist), eat
>all my food, and do something else for 10 minutes as my character regains
>his spellpoints.

I you use two magic+1 rings, when resting, you get your sp's fairly
fast. Or buy "power magic" potions :) .

> I think a 1 player/multiplayer flag may be appropriate.  Some of these
> might be more reasonable in a single player game (which is what I play)

What are the main differences ( requirements ) between single- and
multiplayer-mode. At now I can't think any, I have been played fine
with 0.89 alone.

//   Petri Heinila   //   email: hevi@lut.fi                          //
//                   //   mail:  Ainonkatu 2A                         //
//                   //          53100 Lappeenranta                   //
//                   //          Finland, Europe                      //