More Xgolems :)

Frank, I know you said that golems should be being hit by monsters.
However.. I have just had it rather pointedly demonstrated to me that a
player can achieve 7th level with the use of about 8 golems and killing 2
dreads.

This shouldn't be possible.  (this was done from level 1 and in about 15
minutes)

Basically what is done is.
Go into the area.  Cast a golem.
Run behind a wall so the monster follows you into a corner.
Move the golem behind the monster.  Pound at will.

A monster will ONLY hit a golem if the golem is standing where the monster
wants to go.
Since the monster wants to go through the corner to me, my golem gets lets
of free poundage on his back and I get LOTS of free exp (25k or so?)
This same friend uses this technique to clear the Zoo. (whee... bonus)

Also.. When a character is wielding Stormbringer (or Mournblade) it seems to
get exp for hitting walls, doors, whathaveyou.
Could it PLEASE only get exp for hitting creatures?

I'm going to look at the monster combat code (and the exp code tonight)
and see if I can put together patches for these two things.
Any other thoughts?

Oh, a few other things.  It's still rather bogus that a character with high
con/exp eats faster.  You have rings of slow-digestion.  Why not make the
characters eat at a constant rate +1 extra food each time they heal a spell
or hit point.  Then make rings of regeneration speed the constant digestion
time. (the body is in over-production mode).

Along that vein, all the helmets and all the shields are essentially the same
aside from wieght.. please fix their armor values or equalize the weight.
(or maybe allow the bigger (better) helms to possibly have higher pluses than
1)  Same with shields.

I might look at those also this evening or tomorrow.

-- Moonchilde.
Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty --Anonymous
Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours --Richard Bach

Moonchilde/Amythyst/JT Traub ---           jtraub@cmu.edu