Re: crossfire 0.86

Rilba wrote:
]> * Could it be possible that mages, wizards, priests, clerics have a greater
]>   range of accessible spells than warriors ? That they gain spells as their
]>   level increase ? that their spells become more powerful as they gain level ?
]>   That each class of character access to distinctive spells ?

Frank wrote:
>In 0.87 players will need spellbooks to learn spells.  And their chance
>of succeeding in learning a spell will depend on wisdom (just had to
>use that stat for something).

Neat! In AD&D a high wisdom gives bonus spellpoints when increasing
level (if one is priest that is...). Hmmm, this might not be as neat
as I thought since it would mean that characters with high wisdom
(priests/clerics etc...) would be more able to learn spells than a
wizard/mage would.

And now on to some of my own thoughts...

o	I would sure like to see quests in crossfire, I realize that
	these are hard to implement in a general manner but with the
	proposed 'sub-language' it should be possible...

o	Another thing would be a decent line of sight. The run and
	hack-style that dominates the game now would be a memory of
	the past if one couldn't see what's around the bend.

o	A scenic type so one wouldn't have to see the grass etc.

o	Unique objects, I hate to see XXX no. of Stormbringers.
	Should also lower the chance to just find an artifact.

o	Possibility to bind text to bitmaps. Any text bound to a
	bitmap should be overrided by text bound to a map-location.

o	Separate characters more. At the moment there is no vital
	difference between mages/wizards and priests/clerics which
	it should be since the latter hasn't learned to cast a spell
	they merely ask their god for a miracle. So wizards/mages
	should have high int to suceed but priests/clerics should
	have high int. One can also draw this further, healing
	spells should be hard for a mage/wizard to learn but easy
	for a cleric/priest.

o	A more consistent map? I don't really like the idea of shops inside
	mansions or forests for that matter.

o	Magic spells tied to objects? Mjollnir for instance should be
	able to cast lightning. This is a nice feature later when fighters
	will have difficulty learning spells.

Hope you don't take this as critizism because the game is GOLD and
the work you have done is remarkable.

/Eneq