(ASCEND) Re: Stable Pipeline 75 OS? etc.....

>From: "Cory Wikel" <wikel@hotmail.com>
>
>Does a stable version of the pipeline os exist?  I am running 7.x something,
>and have many issues.......
>
>1) random reboots of the pipeline box
>2) sometimes just stops routing information for no reason at all
>3) on a nailed 2 channel connection, one channel will get dropped and it
>will not reconnect, and I get massive CRC errors on any data that needs
>routed
>
>4) Has anyone figured out how to get programs that use DirectX to work over
>NAT?  10 Static entries is pretty pathetic!
>      I have heard multiple ip NAT may fix it, but what are the
>      requirements on the ISP side, (obviously DHCP, but anything else?)
>      And if Multi-IP NAT is the answer how can you configure
>      a "certain" machine to get a static from the ISP everytime
>      (MAC reservation on DHCP server, does pipeline pass this
>      information on the request, or does it pass its own MAC address)?

Many version of the Pipeline firmware had trouble with NAT. You
should begin by getting your firmware current. As you don't specify
what P75 (v1 or v2 P75) you have, or the firmware you're running now,
it's hard to help much.
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/