(ASCEND) What model Max is this?

Hi all,

We are looking a buying a second hand Max off one of our customers as a
backup unit, following are the details they have emailed me,
Model No. Mx-2E1
Part No. 0700-0180-002 Rev. D

I have yet to have a look at this but they said it's a Max4000, but I'm not
sure if it's a Max4000HP or the older model(Which having a quick check at
the Ascend site it looks to be).

If this is indeed not the HP model is the unit still OK for backup RAS
work, basically if one of our main Maxen(30-40 modems with no stacking or
anything special running) falls over we would just move across the modems
and put it in its place.

Also are there any other pitfalls with the old model

Thanks

Ray