Re: (ASCEND) P50/P75 Wont go away!

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 eseider@postnet.com wrote:

> Are there any Winblows boxes on the network behind the pipe50?  If so, it could be the Winblows browser announcements going out using Netbios over TCPIP.

I suspect this is the case.  I am a Netgear man myself so I know how to
filter all the TCP/IP and UDP packets that Winblows spews on an RT328, but
I have never added filters to a P50.  There's a section in chapter 8 about
this very problem in the Netgear manual.  I hope there is something
similar in the P50 manual (I was hoping their was a FAQ entry, but I cant
find one).

 -----
                        .~.
  Ken Kirchner          /V\       L   I   N   U   X
  Asst SysAdmin        // \  > Don't fear the penguin <
  ShreveNet, Inc.     /(   )\
                       ^^-^^