(ASCEND) OSPF not announcing reestablished links

Hi,
has anybody spotted a similar OSPF-Problem?

- Router dials into a MAX and get's his (subnet)route per Radius.
- If it's a new route it's immediately broadcasted to other Routers and the Caller
can work.
- If the connection goes down it's is put to metric 16 and the State is
advertised to the others.
- Now you could see this Route as zombie with metric 16 for let's say a Minute
in your Routing-Table until it's completly deleted. (I guess that is a normal
behavior).
- If the User calls in again after his route disapeared the same begins again.

But! If the User call in again as long as the Route has metric 16 into the same
Mashine the Route will put back into your Routingtable, you can see it there but
he can't work. It seem's that the route has not beeing advertised to the other
Systems. This lasts as long as there is no other routing-change. If perhaps other
Systems advertise a new Route the changeing is advertised and the Packets will be
routed.

Does anybody know how I can see what routing updates the Max sends out
immediately when it happens and not only to check the Database? Or is
an Ethernetsniffer the best Way to see what's goeing on and who is to blame
for his OSPF-Implementaion (there are other brands of routers into our Network)?

You may have no Problem if you have a OSPF-Network with many changes.
(I'm currendly thinking about writeing a Deamon that advertises a new Route
every Second into my Network to fix that Problem.)

We're currendly useing a MAX 6000 with V7.2.3 (but I guess this
applys to other Version 7.* Systems)

Regards H.Schroeder

Hartmut Schroeder             MMS Communication AG
mailto:hacko@mms.de           Eiffestrasse 598
http://www.mms.de/~hacko      20537 Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49 40 211105-40       Fax: +49 40 210 32 210
UTM 32U0569835 5934083 WGS84