RE: (ASCEND) Accounting records

It's been my experience that Ascend keeps speed negotiations to itself, only
reporting the initial connect speed (which has been sufficient for us).  As
for compression and error correction, it's interesting, but I personally
don't see any real value for it.

I think  you'll find that Ascend does have a couple accounting attributes
that you'll find useful, namely the Ascend-Connect-Progress and
Ascend-Disconnect-Cause.  Without those 2 bits of information (which no
other vendor seems to provide in as much detail), our helpdesk would be
unable to function.

Two of the things on my wishlist for Ascend, is to have modem speeds in the
Start records, and usernames in Stop records from failed login attempts.

BUT! Not until the current feature set is stabalized, we don't need more
broken code.