RE: (ASCEND) troy's broken box

** it is not a requirement that you break previously working features to
** add new ones--and iirc joe shaw pointed out it would be more useful to
** most of us to stabilize the software with the features we all use
** everyday before munging it up with new ones.
**

Bingo!

** i get the feeling this os is too fragile--inadequate modularity or
** memory management, perhaps also not enough separation between osi
** layers.  have you ever had the ethernet on a linux box start dying
** because you added some new feature?  (i haven't).

Nope, I sure haven't.  But then again, I don't use linux (will save the OS
war for another list though :)

**
** [troy, i am still curious about what was broken in your 6096]

I'm still curious myself.  I've not heard back from Ascend in regards to the
issue, and it's not repeated since the incident last week.  I've put the box
on a new hub... perhaps that solved the problem (then again, it was 43 days
between incidents the first time).

-Troy