(ASCEND) Login problem using PPP but user can login using the terminal window.

Here's a strange one. I think it's modem and/or line related issue but any input whould help :)

I have a user who has two computers that dial into any one of your 3 maxes. His computers have worked great for months. Tonight he can't connect unless he attempts many, many times. But once connected every thing works fine and stable. I have him set his dialer to show the terminal windows after dialing and wait for the "login:" prompt before hitting continue at which time starts PPP and he connects just fine. The time between the modem connection and the "login" prompt seems a bit long (5 to 10 seconds maybe) which leads me to believe that his modem hasn't fully connected and the standard PPP connect script times out. Is there a way I can fix this by increasing the timeout?

Anything else I sould look for?

BTW: This problem appears to be limited to this customer. I'm sure it's line/modem related but it does seem a bit odd that he can connect using the term window but not the default PPP.

Randy Smith
Tiger Mountain Technologies